Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Open Letter From Jawn Murray To Usher!



I am a big fan of Jawn Murray and for those who do not know him he is a entertainment reporter you can find his column on AOL Black Voices or listen to him on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. He published an open letter to Usher which I thought was very informative and truthful and to the heart. I hope Usher reads this letter and listen to what he has to to say. Here is a copy of the letter:

****Usher and Tameka are getting Married this weekend in the Hamptons****


By Jawn Murray, AOL Black Voices Columnist,
Posted: 2007-07-23 14:53:50

Dear Usher
Your open letter to the media inspired me. It's quite rare for someone of your stature to communicate in that manner, so I thought I'd take a page from your book and send you a note in response.First let me congratulate you on your pending nuptials to your fiancée, Tameka Foster this weekend in The Hamptons. I'm sure record executive L.A. Reid's home will be the perfect backdrop for your first time jumping the broom.Though we are only seven months into the year, 2007 has shaped up to be a monumental year for you. So far, you've gotten engaged; fired your longtime manager and mother, Jonetta Patton; are expecting your first child, a son, in December; terminated your entire camp and are now slated to get hitched. It's been eventful to say the least.I know there have been several internet stories attributed to me about you that were not true (anything I need to say about an artist will be written in my column or said on my radio show). I also know that you weren't too thrilled with some of the stories me and my morning show cohorts did about you on the 'Tom Joyner Morning Show.' As an artist who was apparently primed to be heir to the 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson, you should have expected that you'd receive the type of scrutiny that you are currently dealing with. You have to know it comes with the territory.While none of us will deny that you are a great performer and talented singer, many of us are worried about your superstar status strictly based on decisions you have recently made. Who can tell a man not to fall in love? I sure can't! Despite the objections that your fans have with Foster and the reality of how you two became a couple, I've always said if it is good enough for Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, why shouldn't it be good enough for you? Maybe if you and the bride-to-be would adopt some young African children, the negative attention about your relationship will ease up just like it did for Brangelina.

Nonetheless, my suggestion to you is to take a break. Disappear for a while. Get married, go on your honeymoon and have your first born quietly. Stop trying to force your friends, family, fans and the media to accept Foster. You're really coming across like a parent trying to feed brussel sprouts to a child. No more letters to the media, no more phone calls to radio personalities and no more of anything that else that will make people question your current state of mind! More importantly, no more denying things that are true. That always comes back to bite you in the butt!More importantly, you only have one mother! The worst thing you could do is to not mend your relationship with her as soon as possible. While you've made the transition from R&B star to pop sensation with the Rolling Stone cover to prove it, we all know that your core demographic is African-American females. There's nothing a Black woman hates more than a man who doesn't know how to treat his mother!So I write this to you, without getting in any digs or making any jokes, and I hope you take my advice to heart. Take a little time during your time off to watch a few E! 'True Hollywood Stories' and some VH1 'Behind the Music' specials. The decisions you're making aren't new-somebody cue
Deborah Cox and Whitney Houston's song 'Same Script, Different Cast'-but I'd hate for your story to end just like so many before you.
All the best!~Jawn


No comments: