Friday, November 9, 2007

Irv Gotti - Internet Is Raping The Music Industry!!!


Irv Gotti did an interview with Complex Magazine basically stating how the music industry is being raped by the internet. Stop complaining and just make a hit record! Here is the interview:

C: What do you think drove you to cheating?Irv Gotti: What draws any man to cheating? Just wanting to fu*k other chicks. I mean that’s just the bluntness of it. He sees another chick and he wants it.
On the music business:Irv Gotti: Look at the sales. Look at “Ay Bay Bay.” That was the biggest song in the fu*king country and he did 20-fu*king-thousand units. This is the music business that we’re in. The Internet has totally taken the music business and stuck a big fat dick in its ass and now it’s fu*ked it. Now we’re trying to wiggle it out our asses and get that fu*king shit up out of our ass and it’s tough. And it’s tough for everyone. 50 just now went over platinum. I know he’s sitting back like “What the fu*k is going on?” He’s going to bottom out at like a million-two. [laughs]
C: You said that the label execs will tap them on their ass and tell them to break and be like “Listen, get up out of here”…Irv Gotti: That’s what they’re doing to J. Lo’s big old ass. They’re patting her big old ass to get up out of here.
And please, no disrespect to J. Lo. J. Lo is a friend. I love J. Lo and I want to work with her, and I think it’s fucked up that Epic is releasing reports like that without cleaning it up. Because it’s all over the Internet that they’re about to drop J. Lo, and she’s one of the biggest stars. Forget music, she’s one of the biggest stars in the world. So you know, the wrath doesn’t escape anyone.
C: Do you think working with Vanessa Carlton maybe had any affect on the relationship with Ashanti? Maybe because she’s not the lead female anymore?G: Nah, me and Ashanti was drifting way apart before Vanessa got here. [laughs]
C: Did your sexual relationship with her have anything to do with it?Irv Gotti: I didn’t have… hey you’re trying to get a juicy one. Let me clean that up. Wendy Williams, did you ever really hear me say that I slept with her?
C: It kind of alluded to that.Irv Gotti: No, did you hear the interview? Did you do your homework? OK, Now, if you did your homework and you listened to the interview, did the words “I slept with Ashanti,” ever come out of my mouth?
C: No.Irv Gotti: OK, then. Why’s everyone saying I slept with Ashanti? Because Wendy Williams is saying it? Wendy Williams says a bunch of crazy shit. That’s what she does. So on that note, next question. I never said that I slept with her.
C: So never? You can clear it up totally over here.Irv Gotti: I don’t need to clear it up. I never said it, so it’s not a question that I need to address.
C: You think you’ll do a second season of Gotti’s Way?Irv Gotti:.I like it. I’ll probably do a season two, because they’re already asking me. The ratings have been phenomenal. They were hoping on getting five or six hundred thousand viewers, I’m averaging over two million viewers a week and it’s growing. It’s shocking me. They keep asking me “Yo, the ratings are great.” It’s crazy. I understand exactly how you feel, because I feel the same way. You know who’s calling me every week about the show? Gayle-fu*king-King. Do you know who Gayle King is?
C: No I don’t actually.Irv Gotti: Gayle King is Oprah’s best friend.
C: Oh God.Irv Gotti: She is entrenched in the show. She called me last week like “You’re being too hard on your boy. You have to stop with the ?Man Up’.” I told her “Yo, Gayle, I was facing 20-years, what if I went to jail for 20 years, my boys would have to grow up quicker than normal.” That shit is in the back of my head.” She said “Well you didn’t go to jail for 20 years.” She is, like, deeply involved in the show.

No comments: